As we embark upon an exciting new year, STC would like to thank you for your support and take the time to wish everyone a safe and happy new year!!!
In order to ensure you and those around you remain safe and injury-free heading into 2018, here are some basic safety precautions to remember over the holiday weekend:
- Alcohol Safety - Alcohol-impaired fatalities represent 31% of total deaths during the holidays. Ensure that if you drink, do so responsibly and always have a designated driver in case you travel anywhere.
- Travel Safety - Many people travel during this holiday weekend. Don't take for granted the basic safety elements while driving (i.e. wear your seatbelts, put your cell phones away, and make sure there is an emergency kit in your vehicle).
- Weather Safety - With temperatures expected to drop into the teens this weekend, ensure to wear adequate layers of clothing to protect yourself from the cold weather and avoid illness.
- Group Safety - There is power in numbers, so have someone you trust around you at all times. With many public events and parties, maintain situational awareness and stay with your group.
- Ladder Safety - This is the time when most families begin taking down their holiday decorations, so remember to always use proper step ladders instead of chairs or unsupported furniture while gathering and storing all of your decor.
As we all celebrate 2017 and what is to come in 2018, we must put ourselves in the best possible position to enjoy the new year by ensuring our health and safety.
Thank you for your time and consideration in 2017. STC is eager and excited to have a great 2018 and would like to wish each and every one of you a safe and Happy New Year!