A security consultant is responsible for evaluating, implementing and supervising the necessary security measures to efficiently protect the personnel and assets of a company. To do this, it draws on its knowledge and experience in the field, making it possible to detect all potential threats, as well as violations of security protocols established nationally and internationally.
When you have an external consultant, you can hire him to conduct a general inspection of your business (recommended), or you can request a partial evaluation to meet a specific objective: personnel security, property protection, threats to assets, environment assessment, IT & cybersecurity, or compliance with standards and protocols. These are some of the leading tasks to develop:
Primary Functions of a Security Outsourcing Consultant
- Know the operation, current practices and culture of the company (both in general and regarding security issues), to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the organization.
- With the knowledge of the company and its environment, it establishes the risks that can threaten the company (and its context). Finally, the consultant elaborates a list of risks and threats that may affect the personnel or the infrastructure of the organization.
- In consultancy with the directors of the company, helps in the evaluation, correction, and re-definition of policies, regulations and security protocols of the company. According to the type of industry, pays particular attention to compliance with technical, labor and environmental regulations. Helps to define both the standard functioning policies, as well as the emergency and crisis protocols.
- Inspects the existing safety devices –both structural and personnel. Determines if these elements match the organization's needs, objectives and security policies already revised.
- They Project the new equipment and personal security elements (if necessary). The consultant defines these new devices according to the needs and resources of the company. Must supervise the installation, implementation, and set-up of the equipment.
- Collaborates in the definition and implementation of continuity and disaster recovery systems.
- Instructs the work team (both the security personnel and the staff in general) about the new changes. First, about the policies, procedures, and protocols that have changed. Second, the use of new equipment and implements. Finally about the development of best practices to promote continuous improvement.
Do You Need a Safety Consultiant in Salt Lake City?
Safety Training & Compliance (STC) is a company that serves nationally. Also, we are on the West Coast, which allows us to understand the particularities of the region, to adopt the security policies and standards to the local reality. If you need a safety consultiant in salt lake, we are your best option.
Our experts will allow you to align the objectives of the company with a development of operations that minimizes risks and threats, allowing your organization to become more efficient and develop competitive advantages in the market. We work with both large companies and small organizations alike.
We attend the individual needs of each client, according to their very reality. If you need further information, quote us or get in touch by phone. Our team of specialists will be pleased to assist you.Safety Consultant Salt Lake
View Larger Map